A genital rash is a skin symptom that can be caused by a number of health issue and can happen on any part of the male genital area. Rashes are generally reddish in color, may hurt or itchy, and might include bumps or sores. If you experience any skin rash that you can not discuss, you need to see your doctor for a diagnosis and treatment.
What are in the article?
Causes of a Raised Rash and Itching on Genitals in Males
There are numerous possible causes for a male genital itching and rash, varying from infections that are treatable to a sexually transferred disease, allergies, and autoimmune disorders. You can get itching after intercourse, with or no rash, with burn, having diabetes, getting worse at night, and redness, no std, after shaving, etc. A few of the most common causes of genital rashes are infections:
- Jock itch is a fungal infection, or ringworm of the groin area. The rash is red, itchy, flaky, and may blister.
- Diaper rash is a yeast infection that affects children since of the warm, moist environment in the diaper. It is red, flaky, and might include bumps or blisters.
- Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that affects the skin and provides as firm, round bumps. They might be itchy and inflamed.
- Balanitis is an inflammation of the foreskin or the head of the penis that is most often caused by poor hygiene. It causes itching, soreness, and a discharge.
- See what healthy male genital areas resemble.
Infecting parasites are another possible cause of a genital rash:
- Pubic lice are tiny bugs. They lay eggs in the genital area and are frequently spread out from individual to individual through sexual contact. They are most frequently seen in teens. A problem of pubic lice causes irritation, and in some cases sores.
- Body lice are a various type of pest from pubic lice, and are larger. They live in clothing and on the skin, and eat blood. They cause an itchy rash on the skin.
- Scabies is an itchy skin rash that is caused by a really small mite. It burrows into the skin and causes extreme itchiness, particularly during the night.
Allergies and autoimmune conditions are other possible causes of rashes near private parts male:
- Contact dermatitis is a typical type of rash caused when skin enters contact with an allergen or with an irritant like a severe chemical substance. Latex is an allergen that might produce a rash in the genital area since lots of prophylactics are made of this content.
- Psoriasis is a typical skin problem. The cause is unidentified, however medical professionals think it is an autoimmune disorder. It produces a pinkish, flaky, itchy rash anywhere on the body. In men, psoriasis may likewise produce sores in the genital area.
- Lichen planus is less typical, but also produces itchy skin rashes. Medical professionals are not sure of the specific cause, however it is thought to be an irritant or an autoimmune disorder. In the genital area, lichen planus can produce sores.
- Reiter syndrome, or reactive arthritis, is a group of arthritic conditions that may produce sores and rashes. The cause is unidentified.
Sexually sent infections, or STIs, are a most likely cause of genital itching and rashes for anyone who practice prohibited sex:
- Genital herpes is a virus that can produce painful, blister-like sores in the genital area.
- Genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus. They are small and flesh-colored, and may be itchy.
- Syphilis is a bacterial infection that is spread through sexual contact. It produces a rash that can be anywhere on the body. The rash is not always itchy.
Treatments for a Male Genital Itching and Rash
The treatment required for a genital rash depends on the underlying cause. Despite the cause, nevertheless, the irritation of a rash can be treated with over-the-counter creams, such as hydrocortisone. Your doctor may also prescribe you a cream to reduce the symptom while likewise treating the underlying condition.
Some skin infections will recover without treatment, as long as the afflicted area is kept clean and dry. Syphilis is treated with antibiotics. Genital warts are treated with prescription medications or by having the warts got rid of. Genital herpes in males can not be cured, however it can be managed with medications.
Both pubic and body lice can be eliminated with a medicated wash. To keep them from re-infesting, you should clean clothes and bed linen in hot water. Scabies can be treated with medicated creams or lotions.
For allergies, getting rid of the irritant will allow the rash to clear up and will prevent further outbreaks. For autoimmune conditions, there is no cure, however there are medications, such as those that suppress the immune system, that can help manage symptoms.
Diagnosis for a Genital Itching and Rash
For most itchness and rashes, the outlook is great. In many cases, the underlying cause can be treated and the rash will improve. With the right care, parasites and infections that are not STIs can be treated and prevented with good hygiene.
Conditions that have no remedy, such as genital herpes or autoimmune disorders in males, can be effectively managed with the right medications. Syphilis, if captured early, can be cured easily with penicillin. If found later, added courses of the antibiotics may be needed.